Loki is available for adoption
Sponsored by Jason, in memory of his beloved dog Karma
Loki is a 4 year old boxer mix who came to Save Me Rescue from Kentucky 2 years ago. and was adopted but unfortunately returned. Loki was quite fearful and required rehab and help from a trainer to be the best dog he can be.
Loki is still a little shy upon first meetings with new people and other dogs but warms up quickly. Loki enjoys playtime with humans and dogs he’s gotten to know, as well as adventurous walks and tons of treats. Loki also enjoys meal time followed by a good nap, another past time Loki enjoys is listening to classical music. Loki loves receiving daily massages from his foster mom, this will be a requirement in his forever home.
Loki walks well on leash and has excellent recall. He is house trained, crate trained and is not destructive in the home. Loki is very motivated by praise ( as well as treats) and enjoys learning new things.
Because Loki has worked so so hard to be the best dog he can be there are some requirements he needs in his forever home;
– A home in a rural or suburban setting which isn’t too noisy or busy.
– A home with a fully fenced yard.
– A family who work from home or work alternate house to ensure that Loki wouldn’t be left unattended for more than 3-4 hours per day
– A home with a balanced dog is preferred.
– A family willing to commit to ensuring Loki gets at least 2 good walks per day and plenty of physical and mental stimulation.
– Someone with previous dog experience, dedicated to continuing Loki’s education and providing regular rules and boundaries, utilizing force-free methods.
– While in foster care Loki has been on a raw diet and is thriving on it. If it is possible to do so, it would be ideal for him to remain on a raw diet. If the successful adopter chooses not to feed raw we are happy to discuss a healthy alternative diet.
For more information on Loki, please contact Alissa at firstname.lastname@example.org
** Adoptions within the province of Ontario only